Our Women Empowerment initiative aims to enable marginalized women to become self-sufficient so that they can contribute to their family income, earning them a place of respect and pride in and out of the home. Our initiative began with training rural women of Kaggalipura in tailoring, life skills and safety awareness. 226 women have been impacted so far. Women have started to earni an income by working in a tailoring shop or using a sewing machine at home. The income from the skill development program ranges from Rs. 1000-1500 per month. While some of the women engage in the program on a part time basis to supplement their income, others use it as their primary source of income.
The activities of this program currently aims to include:
- A certified 3-month course on Bag Making, Paper Bag Making, Tailoring, Candle Making, Chocolate Making, Baking, Pickle Making,etc.
- Training space, equipment, and material included
- Support given for each woman in finding a suitable job
- Engagement with individual and corporate volunteers, carrying out workshops on women’s safety and issues, along with life lessons taught on a participatory basis.
- Health camps for the women and their families
- Connectionswith other institutions